Went out for a ride today - weather is 41F and Sunny - really nice out
- NorthFace hard shell is awesome - vents come in real handy. EDIT: REI article recommends a softshell to let some cold wind through. I think that might work better
- Bike Helmet is like a ski helmet but much much colder. I need to find a hat that fits underneath. Or go with the Ski Helmet liner.
- I really need to invest in a pair of 180s. The $5 knockoff kind that can be found here
- I need a better pants solution - double pair of sweats + windproof is too much
- Can't go wrong with long socks
REI has a good article on winter cycling here
How long do I plan on riding ? Until there is snow/sleet/rain on the ground - I don't have fenders