Monday, September 20, 2010

Darksiders

I thought I'd write a serious blog post. Serious serious ruminations on the benefits of continuous integration or the perils of relying too much on the Django ORM. No such luck.

I also beat Darksiders this weekend. In retrospect, Darksiders is an epic game. It's ripped off every single game I've ever played - and added a giant sword ( I've never played Zelda ). Voidwalk through blue and orange portals: check. Freezing time: check. Grappling hooks, box pushing, and monster boss fights: check. Fortunately there were no QTEs.

If the main character wasn't so tragic, upset and serious about everything, it would have been awesome. For a horseman of the Apocalypse, he's awfully pissy. And where are the other Horsemen ? Maybe Django models left a bad taste in his mouth as well.

No comments: